Thursday, March 17, 2011

TGIF…well almost



What a week!  Like many of you, I am watching the situation in Japan very closely.  Five of us from Chi-X have temporarily relocated to HK but we still have a number of people in our Tokyo office.  I hope everyone is safe, Kayo & Lea my Tokyo family, I am thinking about all of you.  

There’s a place in Japan called Nagano, it’s famous for Japanese snow monkeys.  About a week ago all of the snow monkeys left Nagano and have just started to return over the last couple of days.  Everyone sees the monkeys returning as a sign that things are improving and the earthquakes are behind us.  The assumption is that animals can sense these events well before humans.  To be honest, I’m not totally convinced but at this point I’m willing to jump on any good news. 

Well, it’s time for this Ginger to hit the road again.  I am happy to report that I’m off to Taiwan to see an old friend.  I can’t wait to see a familiar face and hopefully catch up on some much needed rest.  Famous last words…

Before I go, I would like to wish my older and wiser sister Deborah and my older and not so wise friend Ian Galloway very Happy Birthday's!  Wish I was there to celebrate with you. xoxo

Bye for now...