Friday, March 25, 2011

Should I stay or should I go…


After much consideration, I decided to pack my bags one more time and come back to Tokyo.   Even though I have only been in Tokyo a short period of time there are already things that I miss, such as, my remote control toilet and my stove that speaks perfect Japanese, so I think.    

First things first, I need to figure out if I will stay in the same apartment or look for a newer building.  I will probably end up staying here and the cute Irish boy on the 4th floor has nothing at all to do with my decision. What?!?

When I was fleeing Tokyo, I have no idea what I was thinking when I was packing.  I think we can all agree that the following items do not make the essential items list:   

1.  Tokyo city guide - the last thing that I needed to know was Tokyo’s must see attraction and top 10 restaurants.   Oddly enough I couldn’t find the section on “How to flee Tokyo in a Hurry”.  I may send Lonely Planet a chapter free of charge.   
2.  9.5 pairs of shoes - you never know when you will need that one extra shoe
3.  And how could I leave Tokyo without my unopened mail from Toronto???  I’m not sure that Rogers cable has better odds of getting paid in Hong Kong.  (Don’t worry Dad, I’m making this one up, I pay all my bills on time)

I’ve been back for about 24 hours, so far no aftershocks to report.  For the most part everything seems pretty normal here.  People are very conscience about hydro, in our office we only have 50% of the lights on and escalators are off throughout the city.  Anyhooo...back to life.

We have another birthday today…Happy Birthday Ingrid! Love and hugs xo

Let the weekend begin…